Monday, August 24, 2026

Meme Monday: Travelling Memes

This past week I found myself on the road a bit. One day I travelled up to Lafayette, Indiana* to me my oldest. Lafayette is right about the halfway point between Milwaukee and Cincinnati, so meeting there for an afternoon is kind of feasible. This past Saturday, of course, I was down in Louisville with my in-laws and my youngest.

And a Mooch.

So, in honor of that travelling, I figured I'd create a Meme Monday out of it.

Uh, no. Traffic says otherwise.
And nice misspelling too. From Pinterest.


It's all relative. I mean, I went through
Indiana on I-74 and I-65, so yeah.
But if I head east from Cincinnati on
US-32, you hit the Appalachian Mountains
before you know it. From Reddit.


I've honestly wondered if Blizz wanted to sell
you on purchasing flying because the automated
flightpaths were so bad. From Facebook.


Then again, just remember that travelling in an
MMO is where the devs want you to go. Not where
you actually WANT to go. From Reddit.


Okay, I laughed. From Pinterest.


And sometimes the journey is almost mandatory.
From Instagram.



*Yes, Purdue University is right next door in West Lafayette.

#Blaugust2026

4 comments:

  1. Good lead with the cat picture! What is there about them that is so soothing. Regarding flight paths, it seems I remember at one point Blizzard acknowledged the inconvenience of the pathing and they tried to make it more direct. They tossed that out the window in a trice. Flying from Silvermoon to the Coiled Isles is a nightmare of never getting there because there are flight points in between the two places. That must be flown to, then away. Atheren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judging by what Shintar wrote as the title of her latest blog post on Priest With a Cause: "Hope You Like Snakes", I presume the Coiled Isles are the latest Retail quest location.

      Still, why am I not surprised? I thought that with the advent of Dragonriding back in Dragonflight that flightpoints had become passe (except for people like me who refuse to fly), I guess not.

      Delete
  2. I'll take all the pictures of Mooch you've got!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do my best. My youngest also dog sat last weekend for a night, not at her apartment but spending the night at a friends' house with two Staffordshire Terriers, I ought to post some of those pics too. Those pit bulls are goofy as anything.

      Delete