Monday, October 7, 2024

Meme Monday: 90s Memes

Yeah, I was on a 70s kick for a while, and I've some posts cooking that will result from that, but I've been listening to music from the late 90s the past few days. (Help! I have Fly by Sugar Ray in my head and I can't get it out!!) It seems that the tunes that I've been reminiscing about have been happier ones; I'm aware that it's the rose colored glasses effect, but the music took a darker turn after 9/11 in the same way that Grunge ushered in a more depressing tone in music after the late 80s' pop and hair metal. (Or it could be just Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, and Alice in Chains.)

So, here's some 90s memes for people who need to remember a time when the Internet was young (or felt young and innocent).

Yes, that is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
From Imgflip.


Ah yes, before viral videos, there was
Bob Saget showing us people doing stupid
things on their own video recordings.
From Imgflip and throwbacks.com.


Friends is 30 years old as of this fall. For reference,
seeing it on television now is like seeing Gilligan's Island
on television back in the mid-90s.
From odetoclassy.


I have this exact model of portable CD player.
It was part of a combo CD player, cassette adapter
for the car, and foam earphones that my parents
got me for Christmas one year. I used it all the time
to play CDs in the car during my commute from
the West Side of Cincinnati to the East Side where
I worked. No, I never had pants so large that I would
consider putting the player in there.
From TheGamer.


This is more of an 80s thing, but cassettes were
still going strong in the early 90s.
From The Daily Drawing comic.

And finally, one bonus 90s meme:

I laughed; I know, I'm a bad person.
And if you don't know who these two Olympians
are, well, Google "90s ice skating drama".
From Imgflip.


No comments:

Post a Comment