Saturday, August 3, 2024

For The Record...

People who play Retail WoW have been posting their Favorites in the loading screen, organizing that front screen based on what they want. Of course, Blizz has their own criteria as to how toons are selected for your initial Favorites listing, and I've not seen the decision criteria for it.

Being mildly curious as to what I'd find, I did login to Retail, skipped the cutscene, and found this:

Uh...

Well, whatever I was expecting, it certainly wasn't this.

I'm pretty sure three of these four toons were not the last four I'd logged into, and obviously none of them are my highest level toons either.* 

So... my belief is that if you don't have enough play time for Blizz to properly select four toons as Favorites, they just pull four toons out of a hat from those that were logged into over the past year or two.

The only other MMO that I've played that has this sort of grouping in the login screen was TERA,

The scenery may not have been impressive,
but the music was epic.

and for me it's pretty much a toss-up as to which is better. TERA has the better music and your toons striding forward like a badass, while Retail WoW has the more pleasant background and toons in, well, "down time".




*My highest level toon is the original Azshandra at L35, at the same location --Shrine of Seven Stars--  as she was when I last left her in the Mists of Pandaria expansion.

#Blaugust2024

4 comments:

  1. I love that you couldn’t resist the call of your Warband! Atheren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more curious about what would be on there than anything else. It's not going to convince me to play the game, because Blizz isn't going to change the direction of the story, but it is a nice bit of fluff.

      Delete
  2. Hm, I don't know, the last time I remember you talking about actually logging into retail, you mentioned making a bunch of level 1s to /who the starting zones, so most recently logged in would gel with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually logged in a few times since then (for a post that I shelved because it wasn't going anywhere), but the only one of the four above that I did login with was Balthan, so that checks out. Neve at the very least ought to have been on there, because I discovered that roaming around in Eversong Forest on her was potentially dangerous due to the level adjustments.

      Delete