Sunday, August 11, 2024

What To Do on a Saturday

Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day. Not humid at all, and a pleasant breeze coming from the northwest.

A good day to finish off this batch of wood for the deck:

10 year old grill not included.

I flipped over and began working on the side of the deck closest to the porch, so I could exploit the wood I had left. I could cut out the bad sections of the replacement decking and still have enough left to replace these small pieces. That photo is kind of deceptive, however, as the board lengths rapidly grew to requiring 12 foot boards.

I have now exhausted that first batch of wood and have about 60% of the deck rows left to replace. The length of the rows isn't nearly as important as the number of rows, because the number of cuts on the saw will be the same for most of what's remaining. I'm thinking of getting one batch of wood in September and then another in October, and that ought to finish up the decking. All I'd have to do then is wait until Spring or early Summer to paint the deck. 

Oh yeah, and begin Phase 2 of the rehab: the railings and stairs.

#Blaugust2024

No comments:

Post a Comment