Tuesday, January 2, 2024

That Hangover Sucked

My wife worked on New Year's Day --that's the blessing (time and a half pay) and curse (you have to work on a holiday) of working retail-- so she went to bed early on New Year's Eve.

I, for some reason, stayed up past midnight to listen to the fireworks*, and I got on WoW Classic Era just to screw around a bit. 

Not terribly much going on there.

So... before I retired for the night I got on WoW Season of Discovery.

Things were a wee bit different...

Who let the reindeer in?

Oh, right. Lava Lash is an RP server.**


And given that little fact, things got a bit rowdy...

Night Elves of both sexes were, uh, "dancing"
on top of benches and kegs. And there was a gnome
on one of the picnic tables, egging the male NEs on.

With free booze available, Card got drunk...

See that blur in the middle? That's her.
Apparently I either didn't drink enough
or you can't get so drunk in game to hurl.

Anyway, the fireworks went off at midnight and people were calling for an afterparty at Goldshire. That was when I decided that I didn't want to end up on the wrong side of some adult role playing and retired for the night.




*And a couple of kids in the neighborhood zipping around on ATVs up until New Year's as well. We have a hilly neighborhood, so frequently people can't see cars coming, but that never seems to deter these kids. There have been more than a few near misses with cars, especially when both cars and ATVs speed quite a bit through the neighborhood. I just shake my head and wonder when we're finally going to get the big wreck that our neighborhood has been spoiling for.

**I did check Orgrimmar just for curiosity's sake to see if the Horde was partying. After running there with a newly created toon, there was literally nothing going on. All the RPers were in Stormwind, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment