Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Was There a Full Moon Out?

I had a distinctly weird experience the other day.

I'd gotten on Neve and was mainly working on things such as leveling Tailoring when I figured that I had enough time that evening that I could try to squeeze in an instance. And by saying "squeeze in an instance", we're talking an hour or two's worth of an instance, such as Blackrock Depths or Sunken Temple. Since I was relatively close to Sunken Temple at the time, I decided to try to get into a group for that. 

Sure enough, being a Mage meant Neve didn't wait long for an invite.

As I was the only one nearby, it was a few moments before I arrived at the Summoning Stone and waited for someone else to appear so we could summon the rest.

I waited.

And I waited.

I also spent some time dancing with a nearby Night Elf.

I took a look at the map, and everybody else was scattered throughout and... They weren't moving.

"I'm at the stone," I announced. "I just need another person here and we'll summon the rest."

Again no response. And no movement on the map.

Finally one person began moving on the map, and they got to Booty Bay, and... That person dropped.

Then two others dropped.

"WTF?!" The remaining person asked.

"I have no idea," I replied. "It was as if nobody wanted to actually travel and they were waiting for somebody else to do it."

It was at that point I just made an executive decision to not bother with a dungeon that night and just spent the evening crafting and questing instead.

And flying. Can't forget that.


No comments:

Post a Comment