Monday, September 14, 2026

Meme Monday: Missing Out Memes

Well, I'm back.

How's things going?

What's been happening? Anything interesting?

Temperatures up in Milwaukee were really warm for mid-September, low-to-mid 80F/26C or so, but by the time Sunday morning rolled around, the temperatures were becoming more seasonal (60F/15.5C) for the late morning. And rain rolled in just as we were leaving, so we narrowly avoided bad weather.

There was at one point during the trip that I wondered if it were more cost effective to fly up there and back rather than drive, but I doubt that the price is worth it. Really, avoiding Chicago traffic is the primary reason to fly up to Milwaukee, but it wasn't that bad this time around.

But anyway, I figured for this Meme Monday, I'd focus on the other things that happened this past weekend, and the consequences of being away from all that.

Such as Week 1 of the NFL season. (Go Bengals!)

Tee Higgins makes a catch while a Tampa Bay
Buccaneers defender is hanging onto him. From WCPO.

Hey, I'll take a victory, after baseball's Cincinnati Reds were abjectly terrible this year and our MLS soccer team, FC Cincinnati is fading horribly down the stretch.

This does bring up the question: what about people who are missing out on what they love when they're doing other things?

Hence this Meme Monday.

Okay, I thought this amusing. From Facebook.


Whenever I'm in that situation, I shudder.
From Cheezburger.


And then there are days/weeks/months where
I've totally missed out on things in game worlds.
From 9GAG.


Sometimes Marvin Gaye just knows what
to say. From Cheezburger.


And then I'm missing out by not paying attention.
From Reddit.



No comments:

Post a Comment