Monday, April 22, 2024

Meme Monday: Fake Book Memes

Oh, this is as old as Photoshop, but I've been amused by them to no end. Maybe it's my snarky nature, but sometimes the titles just are hilarious.

They aren't about gaming or RPGs or whatnot, but they do reflect the state of the internet.

I've had this one for a few years,
waiting for the right time.
From the Windham Hill Group on Facebook
but originally from phil-are-go.blogspot.com.


This one is for Bhagpuss, who might
get the musical reference.
From Jay Allen Sanford via the
Windham Hill Group on Facebook.


No worries about that one.
From Pinterest.


A bestseller from the Satanic Panic era.
From Pinterest and cheezburger.


I had to do a double take on the publisher name.
From cheezburger.


And of course this is in honor of 4/20.
From Pinterest.


And one last bonus meme:

Oh, this whole thing predates the internet by a LOT.
From Pinterest.


4 comments:

  1. After seeing that I had to go check if Rick Wakeman is still with us, which he is, although he looks pretty shop-worn now. He had a strange second act in the UK as a raconteur and chat show regular, where he turned out to be very personable and funny. Can't see Jon Anderson in that role, somehow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick never made the circuit here in the States, so he was kind of an enigma here. That being said, I think it'd be hard to beat Steve Howe for pure arrogance among the members of Yes. I've heard stories about him over the years, from people who worked at concert venues, and Steve was by far the most arrogant person they dealt with from Yes. (He also has that "how is he not dead?" look that Keith Richards perfected.)

      Delete
  2. My favorite of this set is "Do Not Pet The Cat". I know what book cover that really is, for one. My own cat, for another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm allergic to cats, so I'd be heavily dosed on Benadryl if we ever got one, so telling me to not pet the cat is a no-brainer.

      Delete