Friday, December 29, 2023

A Collection of Guild Names, Season of Discovery Edition

Okay, so they're not all from Season of Discovery, but the majority of them are, hence the title.

And yes, when you want to hang around a major city and just people watch, this is what you find.

Not sure what they mean by "worst", but
I'll take them at their word.


I think I found the guild my questing
buddy would join!


Who is this 'Debbie'? Is she a downer?


I want to know if there's a guild named
"Ready Only After Coffee".


They were apparently asleep at the wheel
during the Battle for Azeroth expansion.

I'm pretty sure you're standing right there.


Found the John Le'Carre fans.

Well, this is correct at first, but he
kind of went off the rails.

I have this sudden urge to go collect pottery.


Given my employment history,
I could join this one.

If people weren't getting their dopamine hits
they wouldn't be playing.

Found the guild that Josh Strife Hayes
would be a member of.

I honestly don't know how to respond
to this one.

I have this sudden urge to say "Peace..."


I figured they used the wrong word for
'brakes', but you never know...

This is how I used to read the street
signs that were meant to say
"SLOW... Children at Play".


Next on Mythbusters: Testing the Myth of
the pre-nerfed C'Thun! Is the Old God unbeatable?


"But my name's not..."
"SHUT UP!!"

It's legal in Ohio, too!


Okay, I see the ceiling. Now what?


Not sure if the "N" refers to Night Elves...

I thought this might be a Planet of the Apes
reference, but there's apparently a podcast
with this name. Go figure.

Yes, this is the guild I referenced a couple of posts ago.
And yes, it's fairly active.

I keep thinking Dragonlance when I see this
guild name, but for all I know it could be
a vague reference to England's War of the Roses.

I'd make a Bernie Sanders joke here, but he
apparently has come down with Covid.

"Rise again, little fighter
And let the world know the reason why..."

Knowing what I know now about how the Murloc
sound is made, I just kind of shudder when
I see this guild name....

Gary's pretty popular, from what I can tell.

Well, I'm glad you're proud of that.


I'm sure the UC was "Undercity", but
I like to think they meant University of Cincinnati.


Hey, thanks. You're not so bad yourself.


If that's a janitors' guild, I ought to join since
I was a janitor in high school.


7 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying the various puns on "SoD" - I think I've seen both "SoD This" and "Grumpy SoDs" on my server.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given the intersection of Monty Python fans with RPG fans, I'm surprised I haven't seen a guild named "Sillius SoDus" (ala Monty Python's Life of Brian) yet.

      Delete
  2. I was in that Old School Runescape guild; it was one of the 'send out invites and see who accepts' type of guild. Then the guild master promoted someone to gm and left without saying a word. Then promptly either deleted the character or transferred off the server. I left soon after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's... actually kind of a bummer. It's a guild name that could have been used to great fun, but alas that's not the case.

      Delete
  3. Jeeezz, all those interesting names and I keep coming back to Debbie. Good thing I'm not on Debbie's server or I'd have to ask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear, if Debbie hails from Dallas, I'm gonna scream...

      Delete
    2. Hahahahahahahaha! I'll bet she does, Tome!

      Delete