Sunday, October 9, 2022

An Homage of Sorts

When I first started poking around on Atiesh-US, I thought about resurrecting the old guild name I was a member of on Ysera-US, Is Up To No Good. Instead, I created that guild on Myzrael-US as a home for some of my alts, such as Az and Linna. 

Something about Linna's Mona Lisa-esque
smile fits that guild name perfectly.


But if nothing else, I wanted to put a guild together on Atiesh-US for Deuce. I'd discovered the joy of having an entire guild bank to yourself, and I figured that if I was going to have an alt over on Atiesh it'd be nice to have a mammoth amount of space for oddball junk as well.

I try not to be a packrat, but with WoW
you never quite know when some of this
stuff might come in handy.

My questing buddy and I got to talking about this blog, and I mentioned about how the MMO blogging landscape had changed over the years. 

"There's a lot of blogs that were watering holes for the community, and they're no longer around. Places like Tam and Chas' Righteous Orbs, Rades' Orcish Army Knife, and Larísa's The Pink Pigtail Inn were the places to go, not to mention WoW Insider."

"What was that?"

"What? WoW Insider?"

"No, The Pink Pigtail Inn."

"Oh, Larísa ran that. She stopped blogging long ago, 2014 maybe?"

My questing buddy began gushing about what a great name PPI was, and then she mentioned something I hadn't considered. "That would be a great guild name!" she added. "Hold on."

"Okay..."

"There!" she said a few moments later. "I reserved it. Want to sign the charter?"

"Sure!"

Alas, that charter then proceeded to languish for some months, as we moved on to other things. 

Fast forward to this past week, and I logged in on Deuce to find this:

"Yes, Mistress Elsharin. I like it too."

So Larísa's blog now lives on in game.

Larísa, I know that you've moved on and don't play any more, and I'm pretty sure you've put your gaming days behind you, but in case you come across PC again I wanted to let you know that you were an inspiration to me and a lot of other bloggers over the years. This small thing, a guild name for a few people, is just one way of saying thanks for your writing and community way back when. It still means a lot to me, and I hope I'm not the only blogger who thinks so.



EtA: I had "gushed" in there twice. That looked weird, so I fixed it. No more gushers here.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember those and there was a Druid one I read also but the name escapes me. So few left, I miss them.

    Cardwyn, that is a great tribute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was Lara's Root and Branch. Is that the one you were thinking of?

      I really do miss Lara, but I also know she took some crap from some people for being a woman and a tank, which drove me nuts.

      Delete
    2. No, I don't remember that one. I can't find what I'm thinking of but did see soooo many I remember. Feral Aggression was one. I miss them.

      Delete
    3. Big Bear Butt? I think he has morphed his blog into food. Or... Achtung Panzercow? Or Red Cow Rise?

      Delete
    4. I remember something with Rawr in the name, I think. and then there was http://bricktank.blogspot.com/ and "Of Teeth And Claws" (defunct), and http://ofclawsandpaws.wordpress.com according to my feedreader

      Delete
  2. Now you've got to make a gnome with pink pigtails though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My questing buddy already has that covered. She's planning on creating a pink pigtailed gnome just for that purpose.

      Delete