Monday, October 31, 2022

Meme Monday: Spooky Memes

Today is Halloween, and while I've not dressed up and gone trick-or-treating (for myself) in some decades, I appreciate the holiday for what it is: an excuse to dress up, scare people, and eat Scooby Snacks candy.

"Zoinks!! Run, Scoob!!" --Shaggy
From... Oh, come on. Haven't you 
SEEN my avatar? At least it's the original
"Scooby Doo, Where are you?" cartoons.
(From gfycat.com.)

So in honor of things that are spooky and make us scared, here's a few things that scare me in meme form...

If for you the Satanic Panic was
a non-event, then I salute you.
But for those of us in the Bible
Belt (or near enough), it still lurks...
(From DnD Memes on Twitter)

I can't flirt to save my life. If
I want to say something witty, it all
comes out "Hur dur yoo prettie!"
I'm still not sure how I ever ended up
dating, much less getting married.
(From Reddit.)

I am scared of heights. I discovered this
little item when my wife and I walked
across the Roebling Suspension Bridge
one weekend. I got about halfway across
when I couldn't handle it any more and
shoved my behind up against the side of
the walkway that abutted the road.

Okay, that flying one is going to be fodder for another post, so you haven't seen the last of that particular meme.

I've caused my share of wipes, and I still
live in mortal terror of causing a bad pull.
I guess I learned "you pull it, you tank it"
far too well...


2 comments:

  1. That's a potential cornucopia of comments crammed into a handful of memes but I'll restrain myself and just keep it to the last one. The original Guild Wars has what sounds like a great QoL feature, where every mob on the mini map displays with a circle around it showing its exact aggro range. The mobs move in real time on the map and what you see is a nest of overlapping or diverging circles, meaning you can move through and between them with no risk of aggroing anything - always provided your motor skills are finely-tuned.

    I found it incredibly irritating. It turns the entire game into an abstract, two-dimensional puzzle. I had to stop using it after a while and go back to just judging the ranges by eye. I'd rather have the unexpected pulls any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right in that QoL feature in GW1 making the game far too abstract for me. I can see where some people would prefer it just for the knowledge in the same way where some people enjoy a ton of addons in their MMO, but for me I'd hate that. There's no judgement involved, and without that where's the challenge?

      I mean, after having gotten used to Vanilla Classic and TBC Classic not highlighting what I should be looking for at all when I'm sent out on a gathering quest, Wrath Classic's sparkly "highlights" over whatever I'm looking for really throws me off and makes me feel like I'm cheating.

      Delete