Thursday, May 5, 2022

Don't Mess with the Magistrix

"I have nothing to declare except my genius."
--Oscar Wilde at the New York Custom House

 

In the middle of all of my internal drama, I missed one semi-important event.

Stylish gear courtesy of seventyupgrades.

I knew that once Neve made it to L60 I wanted to take her across the Dark Portal, but I also bowed to reality and that she was simply not going to get into a Classic instance even remotely close to her actual level.* That meant that I was going to have to use quest and/or crafted gear to get her ready for Outland, and so I spent considerably more time than I typically do to get Neve ready by leveling her Tailoring.

Thankfully, I knew which Runecloth crafted gear to make by having done this back in the day, but it was nice to have it confirmed courtesy of seventyupgrades.com. There's plenty of Fire and Frost centric Cloth gear I could craft, and in Neve's case I went strictly Frost. 

As ready as she'll ever be.

I also knew that her gear would get replaced fairly quickly, so I wanted to have a set that wouldn't take me a great amount of effort to create. Frostweave and Runecloth pieces came to the rescue, giving me the extra damage that I needed out of merely green gear to keep Neve alive for those first few quests.

When I crossed over to Outland, I caught myself heading to the Alliance side and sighed. Old habits and all that.

Walking like a boss, because Sindorei.

"Neve Dawnweaver reporting in, Sir."


Having dealt with the shenanigans that Garrosh and his ilk dumped on the Horde from a post-Wrathgate and post-Cataclysm Azeroth, it was nice to work with Horde who understood the value of hanging together against a common foe. And heading north instead of south along Hellfire Peninsula was a refreshing change of pace, too.

Not a dragonhawk, but they'll do.

Still, it was good to get Neve to Thrallmar and report in to Nazgrel. When "Advisor to Thrall" was a real thing. Nazgrel needs to lay off the Winterfall Firewater, however.

It feels good to be back.

While I wasn't planning on a Letters from Outland for Neve, I may yet do something along those lines.

Like my other toons, Neve has her own mind. And boy, does she have her opinions. Lots of opinions. My toons are gonna get me committed to an asylum if they keep it up.



*Sorry, I was NOT going to boost her. The cost involved for a brand new toon on a new faction was too high for me to even consider it, even though I have philosophical issues about doing that myself.


2 comments:

  1. Looking Goood, Neve! Yay for making it to Outland at last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly took longer than I thought it would, but she got there.

      Her mouth has already showed up in some upcoming screenshots; and there's already been a few Sindorei --and one notable goblin-- she's encountered in Hellfire Peninsula that she wants to punch in the face.

      Delete