Monday, September 16, 2024

Meme Monday: Traveling Memes

My wife and I just got back from visiting our oldest this weekend*, so we put in a lot of hours on the road. That got me to thinking about all of the traveling memes out there, so... Here we are.

We also had an ulterior motive for the trip, which was to drop off the rest of her items that she couldn't fit into our SUV the first time around (if you'll recall, the U-Haul was up in Dayton so she could only fit a few boxes in before I left to bring the truck up there.)

Yeah, that.
From supermeme.ai.

And so we tried our best to stuff everything into the CR-V. Somehow, we succeeded.

Away we went.

My brain checked out Friday morning, but
it quickly re-engaged when I got pummeled by
work that came from out of nowhere to land
in my lap. I'm still dealing with the fallout
from all that. From memeshappen.com.


This is a problem that only truly became
an issue after about 2010 or so. But now,
just making sure you have a charger and
cable is half of your packing requirements.
We had those two items, but somehow were
missing other things. Such as toothbrushes.
From mpora.


That's something that does kind of annoy
me. Unless I just get a McDouble from McDonald's
for lunch, you're going to spend more money on
food than you really want to. So when your
wife brings up a restaurant to eat at that you KNOW
she has complained about the prices in the past, you
just know that lunch is not going to end well.



We used to do this, but apparently the new trend
is to have these large bottles of soap, shampoo,
etc. in your hotel room that are pretty much
locked in place, so you can't walk out with them.
On the one hand it's nice to not have to worry
about having enough shampoo, but on the other
hand I wonder about sanitary conditions. From imgflip.



*It was her birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment