Thursday, May 25, 2023

They Actually Did It Part Two: Preach-ing to the Converted

Okay, excuse the bad pun.

Preach of Preach Gaming came out with a video that does a pretty good job of explaining why some of the WoW Classic playerbase has gone ballistic over the introduction of the Wrath Classic WoW Token:


Of course, if you are part of a progression raid team and don't partake in GDKP, the introduction of the WoW Token won't have an impact on your ability to play Wrath Classic. (Myself, for example.) However, there will be inflation in the prices found in the Auction House, and that might just have an impact on me.

After all, I'd like to do the Quel'Delar questline on Linnawyn at some point, but I do realize that given my history of getting that Battered Hilt to drop* I'd expect the AH to be selling said Hilt for well over what I paid for it back in the day. Then the question becomes "Do I want to farm for the gold to buy the Battered Hilt on the Auction House, or do I want to buy gold via the WoW Token?"

Or maybe a better question is, "Is it worth it to try to recapture some magic from the old days when I know it's destined for failure?"

At this point, I'm starting to think that it's not worth it. Era has been a shot of adrenaline to my system, and I'd be foolish to give that up.



*Narrator: It didn't drop for Quintalan in original Wrath, and Q had to pony up 5000 gold on the Auction House for the Battered Hilt.

2 comments:

  1. I liked that video in general (and the intro was hilarious, even if I think that always blaming everything on Bobby's greed I overly simplistic) but I was kind of disappointed how uncritically he presented the info about GDKPs, especially as on the subject of retail, he always emphasises the importance of a good guild and not putting up with crappy pugs. But oh those poor GDKP runners! 😢

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be nice if Bobby weren't such a cartoon villain of his own making, but given all the shenanigans he's done in the past, he just kind of does it to himself.

      I had no idea that GDKPs are the current meta, given that so few of them ever ran on Myzrael-US. I just assumed the concept of getting into a progression guild was what you wanted to do, and GDKP was an option if you couldn't do that.

      Poor puggers is more like it. My questing buddy's regular runs have a core of about 11-12 people, and they're good, but it's the hit-and-miss nature of pugs that can make those Friday night Ulduar runs headache inducing.

      Delete