Monday, May 15, 2023

Meme Monday: Rogue Memes

Despite my love of Mages and Clerics, I do like playing Rogues.

My last Retail WoW main was a Rogue, Azshandra, who made a reappearance as both my first WoW Classic toon and my first new WoW Classic Era toon. I've also played Rogues --or their equivalent-- in Rift, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, and Elder Scrolls Online.

I may take playing Rogues seriously, but not so seriously that I can't laugh at them. Or their memes.

Okay, this is the Dad Joke of memes, right here.
It's from several places on the net.

I do love the scouting capabilities
of Rogues, but I truly do appreciate
their innate ability to resist backstabbing
their teammates.
From Pinterest.

Rogues in WoW and other games
do have that ability to sap someone,
which can drive enemy players absolutely
bonkers. I know, because it used to do that
to me! From memesboy.com.

But far and away the calling card
of a Rogue is being able to move in
the shadows and stab people
to death when they least expect it.
From fakeposters.com

And one bonus meme:

Oh yes, this. Except when you leveled straight
back in Mists and went from Cata at L85 to
the first Mists of Pandaria zone in quest greens.
Oh boy, was that one ugly. From the
Otherworldly Incantations FB group.


2 comments:

  1. In Swtor most people avoid the PvP instances on planets, so they are very lonely places. Because of this I tend to play on the PvP instances because there's almost no competition for anything. All of this is to say, if I have a stealth character it is fun to sap an enemy player those rare times I see one. I generally don't attack them unless they have attacked me first, but I do like to remind them that a PvP instance isn't always empty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I can appreciate that. In my time spent on PvP servers, however, it was never from a position of strength; as I didn't have the gear to engage in open world PvP. The few times I tried, I discovered that despite the level differences of 5 levels worth, the opposing faction's gear was sufficiently good enough to equalize that level difference.

      For example, I found a Paladin around L33 (I was L37) in Feralas, and I thought "Why not?" Well... I discovered very quickly that my old quest greens I had that dated from the upper L20s low 30s were no match for the Scarlet Monastery Blue gear and Heirloom gear that lower level Pally had on.

      Oopsie.

      Delete