Monday, June 13, 2022

Now I Know How Jerry Renault Felt Like

The steady drumbeat is relentless.

Doesn't matter if I'm on a new toon or an old toon. Whether I'm on Myzrael or Atiesh or even on the Season of Mastery server I'm on.

You can't escape it.

"Do your dailies!" is the cry from people in a guild discord or an LFG chat. Or even randomly shouted in a zone.

"Complete the war effort!" is the slightly different --yet ultimately similar-- comment on Season of Mastery, which is in the Ahn'Qiraq War Effort mode.

"DO YOUR DAILIES!!!"

I feel like I'm in a Robert Cormier novel, The Chocolate War, where instead of refusing to sell chocolate for a 1970s era Catholic boys high school fundraiser I'm harassed about doing dailies so that more parts of the Quel'Danas zone are unlocked with more dailies to do.

If I ever wondered about how gated progression in Retail is like, this is likely it.


No comments:

Post a Comment