Monday, January 31, 2022

Something I Never Thought I'd Ever See... Ever

I opened my email this morning to find this there:


Seriously.

As a Cincinnati native, I was attending college the last time the Bengals were in the Super Bowl --yes, I'm old-- but after decades of losing and heartbreak and bizarro stuff that can only be described as "losing in the most Bengals way possible", my team has climbed the mountaintop to reach the summit.

It's as likely as me picking up Retail WoW and declaring it the best thing ever.

But here we are.

If we win, great. If we lose, that's okay. But we're back, and I'm still stunned.


2 comments:

  1. The content of this post means nothing to me (sorry), but I have to comment to say that you changed the header again! Why did you go for Black Temple now that you know you're unlikely to go there any time soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it wouldn't mean much to people outside of Cincinnati, but the sheer unlikelihood of it actually happening is akin to when Leicester City won the Premier League from out of nowhere several years ago.

      I figured I ought to change the header to something. I'm still deciding what to do, given that Neve is L41 (!) and I've been letting that rested XP boost work its magic. No instances, however, because non-Outland instances in LFG that aren't boosts are pretty rare on both factions these days.

      I have a post coming up shortly about this little conundrum; I could go anywhere from unsubbing (unlikely) to faction changing to server changing to basically only logging in on Friday nights to run Karazhan. I was on the bench last night so that my replacement could get the Kael'Thas kill (and the raid did finally kill KT), but because they were locked to SSC I replaced her for Vashj attempts (no dice last night). It was.... very very very awkward to be in a raid I have no part in any more.

      Delete