Monday, January 30, 2017

Not Terribly Important, but You'd Never Guess It

I've been watching the pageviews on PC the past couple of weeks, and it seems that there's a lot more web scourers out there these days. Almost like clockwork, every few days the pageviews spike and I get an equally distributed number of pageviews across all of PC.

Given that this site is neither particularly large nor well read, this can be somewhat amusing.

The thing that I have noticed the most is that the Russian sources of pageviews has dropped off since the first of the year, and US and (to a lesser extent) Chinese based sources have been scouring the site.

Almost makes me want to turn on the ads for PC, just to see what sort of money I could rack up while these web crawlers are out and about. But knowing my luck, it'll end up being filtered out of the pageviews from Google's perspective.

2 comments:

  1. I get that too - it's funny that they would spam MY webpage because I don't have much to say. However, you know the ones that come from my website are me reading your blog :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure you're not the only one who comes over from The Daily Frostwolf, because I get more than one pageview coming from your blog. (I know, it's a weird feeling.)

      Delete