Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Give Up the Funk

I am presently sick, which means that I'm trying unsuccessfully to get to sleep on an (early) Wednesday morning. Kind of hard to sleep when you cough every minute or so, and cold medication occasionally makes you think there are dancing LOTRO Hobbits in your room, moving to the beat of Parliament Funkadelic.*

From the archives. Kind of like this, only MORE lights.
And a disco ball.

But since I was perusing the internet instead, I stumbled across this little article about actor Kristen Bell and her husband Dax Shepard. It seems that after the Golden Globes awards, instead of going to an after party they went back home to play Settlers of Catan. Because, Game Night.

I know that we're all aware of some celebrities who play games, such as Salma Hayek and the late Robin Williams, but it's still a great thing to see geeky pursuits making themselves known in pop culture.

A photo posted by kristen bell (@kristenanniebell) on
I'm not known for dressing up for Game Night, but I think they can be forgiven 
to wanting to get the game rolling ASAP. Besides, older versions of Settlers 
used to take a while to get set up and going.




*It actually made sense at the time it was going on. I swear. I do think that the reason why P-Funk was in my head was because Bootsy Collins, the bassist for P-Funk, is a local musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment