Monday, October 5, 2026

Meme Monday: Being Wrong on the Internet

In honor of the fact that I completely misinterpreted what the first video I posted the other day was about, I figured I'd touch on something that is incredibly common yet you'd never guess it from the way people act: being wrong on the internet.

Yes, I know, you're thinking of the XKCD comic:

From XKCD. But you knew that already.

If this was the only thing Randall Munroe was known for, he would live forever online. Of course, he's done FAR more than just this comic, and I heartily recommend his books as well as the entirety of the XKCD back catalog to peruse. 

Still, there's more than just this meme to cover for being wrong on the internet.

There is the Da Vinci method. From Idea Link.


Isn't this a sign of maturity that you don't wallow
in the pig sty (or the minefield)? Well, I don't often
have such restraint. I'm still trying, tho. From Quickmeme.


Or to put it another way, "You mad bro?"
Yeah, if people were saying that and put THAT
face in front of me, yeah, not good for my stress.
From memecoup via Instagram.


I've done something similar. At work. About
a decade ago. It could have gone really badly,
but the person I was complaining about did
de-escalate things. And we patched it back up.
From memegenerator.


Hoo boy. This reminds me of some of the holy
wars on soc.history.medieval on Usenet back
in the day. From Reddit.


This got me. /raises hand.
From Cleanmemes.


No comments:

Post a Comment