Monday, June 10, 2024

Meme Monday: Age Disparity Memes

No, I'm not talking about what is colloquially known as "robbing the cradle", where one adult has a relationship with a much younger adult. It's more an issue with Fantasy as a genre in novels, movies, and video games. Inter-species romance aside --and I have issues with that as well-- there's the issue of age disparity in relationships. 

Hell, never mind relationships, there's the issue of skill level disparity:

From REIQ.

But yes, relationships.

The Doctor: You can spend the rest of your life with me. But I can't spend the rest of mine with you. I have to live on, alone. That's the curse of the Timelords.* 
 
 

That. Pretty much that. So... some of those memes.

From imgflip.



I wish I knew who did this meme; it's great.



Obviously this person never knew about
Beren and Luthien. From Owlturd.
(Really? Sheesh, what a name.)


And leave it to Spidey to have the
last word. From Reddit's r/dndmemes.




*From School ReunionSchool Reunion. the third episode of the revived Doctor Who's second season.

No comments:

Post a Comment