Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Free stuff is always great

I was very happy, today, to read that the implementation of the RealID party invites will continue to remain free.

Truth be told, I hadn't even used that feature because I knew (or thought I did) that it would eventually go away, and it was easier not to get used to it.

So, I was thinking about how this opens up the community and the possibilities that could now be available.

Here's what I'm thinking... Similar to the blogger only guild that existed on both the US and EU realms, we could get a group of bloggers together with out having to leave our own server.

Think of how nice it would be to have a group of fellow bloggers to bs with while getting a random dungeon done with out having to deal with pugs.

I know I've been idea starved lately and nothing helps motivation better than really jumping into the community.

Interested?  If so, let me know and we'll get something started!  Leave a message on how to contact yourself in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. That's a really neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm game. The only drawback that the Read ID grouping has is that you can't queue for BGs. Raids too, I'd imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, that's great news! I was surprised when I noticed the feature being available for free during the testing phase, and wondered whether I could actually find a use for it, but at the same time I had similar feelings as you about it. "It's just going to go away anyway." Now I've got to poke some friends to see if we can actually have some fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's this coming along? I might be interested in experimenting, uh, I mean grouping with some fellow bloggers.

    Rusty (AKA Dax)
    www.musingsofanutjob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete