Saturday, February 20, 2010

All I can say is Wow...

As you can see in the post below, I was getting rather frustrated with the current situation on my server. Well, in frustration I hit the official forums for recruitment adds that would sound promising.

I found one.

They're advertised as a relaxed guild with "mature" members, that raids content at a relaxed pace.

Sounds too good to be true, right?

Well, they messaged me and said myself and the wifey got accepted and to just drop them a note when I arrive on their server!

So, after letting my favorite paladin know about this, I made my preparations and said goodbye to old Stromscale, and the name Kriegtrommel. Kriegtrommel is a mouthful, and I wanted something simpler. A new beginning on a new server deserves a new name. Souldat is born.

My first night in my new guild consisted of getting my mods set up again, doing a few random heroics with some of the officers (just by chance). Which was good, because it proved I'm not a drooling git smashing my face on the keyboard and hoping thing die. I only get like that when I pvp.

So, after the second random heroic, they dropped group and said it was raid time. They asked if I wanted to attend as well, and I jumped on the opportunity.

Off I headed to raid the home of Arthas. And you know what? I killed his first obstacle, and claimed my prize! I'm sporting a fancy new sword!

The exhilaration of killing a boss in an encounter you've never done before just can't be matched. And the thing that made this particular fight special, was the number of times we died before the boss did. We tried roughly 7 or 9 times before the boss finally died. And the officers of the guild that were in the raid group stayed relaxed and pleasant. They did not get all up in arms and start yelling about what people did wrong. They calmly explained the particular mechanic someone misunderstood and took another crack at it.

It is such a relief to know that my money spent on a server transfer seems to have been well worth it.

Kill Shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment