Monday, December 7, 2020

A Bit of Raiding Pride

I'll have other posts on the last couple of days later, but in the time (currently 1:20 before first pull) before our first try at Naxx I wanted to point out this little post on Wowhead Classic:

Comparing Kel'Thuzad Strategies from 2006 to Classic WoW's Modern Approach

The reason why I'm pointing this out is that Redditor Marmotzero is also the co-GM of Valhalla (Myzrael-US) and the Raid Leader for the progression raid team. Yes, it's our beloved Lojze*, who keeps the raid going in a smooth and practiced hand. (And if he finds this post, I'd like for him to explain the origin of the "beer pack", which is the tradition of him drinking a beer (his choice) if we complete a tough pull without any deaths.)

And I should mention that the Wowhead article itself does have one glaring error, that Atiesh was not crafted prior to the fight, but the guild in question had all of the components assembled so they could craft Atiesh right after the kill. (See Lojze's comment in the comments section.)

And for those curious about the original Reddit post, here it is.

So let's have a good first run, and maybe we'll see that beer pack tonight!


 

*Who is also the guy who finally convinced me to join as the sixth Mage in their AQ40 runs on Labor Day.

 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I saw that reddit post. I liked the bit where he said that getting the Dragonslayer buff before the raid was a new and novel thing, bless them. That's cool that this is your raid leader!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I presume that being on a PvP server, if you were going to try to keep the buff all the way to Naxx that was quite an achievement.

      And yes, he's a really nice guy. He keeps the raid PG-13, although I think he let this first Naxx run slide a bit because there was quite a bit of swearing going on. And to be fair, if I had my microphone on I'd have been melting peoples' ears due to the sheer amping up in difficulty from AQ40 to Naxx.

      Delete