Friday, October 30, 2020

Direct from K-TEL*

Coming soon to record stores near you!!!

SONGS OF THE RAID

Yes, music lovers and WoW fans, your wildest desires have come true! All of your in game favorite songs are now available on a special 2 Record Set!

Featuring such hits as:

Loot the Dog

Hey Now! (Keep to the Left and Around the Bend)

Heal Me, Maybe

The Ballad of Alterac Valley

Holding Out For a Healer

Semi-Chanted Gear

Bear Necessities

(Watch out for the) Voodoo

Thunderfury

Hit Me Tanky One More Time

I'm on Fire

(I'm Your) Ashkandi Man

Long Cool Healer in a Blue Dress

(A Pair of) Square Hammers


If you act now, you'll get our special bonus record:

SONGS OF THE RAID 2

For those SWTOR fans, you get even more of the best that Operations have to offer, featuring:

The (Not So) Mighty Quinn

Here's a Revan There's a Revan

The Rakghoul Mash

Thank You, Next Queue

Cademimu Funk


All this now for the LOW LOW price of $29.95 + Shipping and Handling!

Operators are standing by!! (Not really)



*Most people significantly younger than me will say "WTF is K-TEL?" Before the "Now!" series of compilation albums, K-TEL was in the business of selling compilation albums. They were (in)famous for their commercials and infomercials, which included the "Act now and you'll get XXX bonus materials!!" style of sales pitch, including "Operators are standing by!" To my surprise, K-TEL is actually still around, although without the influence they once had.

And before you ask, yes, this post was inspired by certain individuals --who shall remain nameless-- singing in our MC run last night.


10 comments:

  1. Are they all performed by The Original Artists, that ever so useful studio band?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!!

      Some of those Original Artists are people from the raid, although the rarely heard "Loot the Dog" song wasn't one of them last night. I can neither confirm nor deny that alcohol was involved in the desire to sing.

      Delete
  2. I had no idea K-Tel were still around. Also, until I looked at their website just now, I had no idea it was a Canadian company, from Winnipeg in fact. They're still in the covers business, too, only now featuring "Mini Pop Kids - Canada's #1 music brand for kids" offering "Family-friendly versions of today's top hits". That's not disturbing at all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not one bit disturbing. I wonder what the cover of "Bad Guy" is like....

      Delete
  3. "Holding Out For a Healer" is actually on YouTube, not sure if you've ever seen it... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should look for that. I do know there's a version of "Heal Me, Maybe" for both Overwatch and League of Legends, but I didn't find one for WoW.

      Delete
    2. You shouldn't have to look, that's why I linked it! ^^

      Delete
    3. ....and that is why I drink coffee in the mornings... /sigh

      Delete
  4. Oh man, I was looking for the number. You had me! Definitely wanted that album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I finished lyrics for "(Watch out for the) Voodoo", based on the 2002 Godsmack song "Voodoo", and one of my fellow Mages reworked the Billie Eilish song "Bad Guy" into "Fire Mage". So we're getting there.

      Delete