Monday, December 30, 2019

The Story Continues (because I don't want to make a major edit to the last post)....

Well, right after I hit "Publish" and sent the previous post out into the world, I remembered something about the post-Cataclysm Felwood: there was a Night Elf encampment just south of Timbermaw Hold. I'd assumed it was an extra flightpoint added in to the game from Cataclysm --having not leveled up through Felwood in pre-Cata Alliance-- but what if it did actually have a flightpoint?

Wonder of wonders, it existed pre-Cata, and it did have a Flightpoint!

Mishellena, I am SO happy to see you!!
I'm sure the Paladin who'd recently landed* thought I was nuts for hugging Mishellena, the Hippogryph Master.

So with that in mind, I decided to tackle Timbermaw Hold without making good on my threat to strip Az down to her skivvies.

There was a group of Alliance who'd obviously farmed enough to have the Timbermaw as at least neutral running ahead of me, although I got the feeling they paused a bit to see if I needed some help. But hey, Az is a Rogue of means, and can get through anything, right?

Because Firbolgs.
Um, yeah, about that....

So I decided to save my gear and crept along once Kernda cleared out.

I did get jumped by one Firbolg but managed to avoid them by Vanishing. And on reaching the end of the tunnels, I found as I ran out that the large group of Winterfall Firbolg that wander around out in front of the Winterspring exit had all been recently cut down, so I managed to put some distance between myself and the exit....

Dead Firbolgs as far as the eye could see.
Sorry, Az draws the line at keeping her brown shirt on, as Winterspring is freaking cold.

And her daggers, but that's a Rogue thing.


So all I had to do was put my gear back on, mount up, and head west.

Destination: Everlook.




*Who was just offscreen.

2 comments:

  1. Just to make sure you know, you only need to reach unfriendly to not be attacked by the Timbermaw anymore, not neutral. It goes against every WoW player's instinct, considering that the furbolg still show as red at that point, but reputation mobs have their own rules and they won't attack anymore by then unless you attack them first. Unlike neutral, unfriendly is quite easy to reach as you should be mostly (if not entirely) there after simply doing the couple of introductory quests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll come in handy when getting close to the Caverns of Time.

      Delete