Monday, August 26, 2019

Back to the Past

Arctus Wilhelm over at The Ancient Gaming Noob has a post about the odds certain items might happen in WoW Classic. I enjoyed the post a lot, but one stretch of the post made me sigh and shake my head:

  • Somebody Gets to Level 60 in 12 Hours or Less – Not going to happen
  • Somebody Gets to Level 60 in 24 Hours – Maybe
  • Somebody Gets to Level 60 in 48 Hours – Without a doubt
I have to wonder what the people gunning for L60 are planning on doing once they get there. Moaning about how there's nothing to do? Isn't the "the game begins at max level" ethos one of the reasons why the MMO genre is the way it is right now?

But whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

Me? I'm going to take my time; I don't have much choice, since I tend to play at odd hours, but I intend to enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing a level 50 player early on after the launch of EQII and our guild leader pegged him as likely the loneliest person in the game. We were naive back then.

    They'll do it for bragging rights, but once there they can farm crafting materials... once they level that up... which can be quite lucrative. Then they'll have some gold ready when it is time to buy their epic mount.

    Or they can just roll an alt. That is what people used to do back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed at your guild leader's speculation, because I could easily see that as reality. There was always the one guy in high school or college who spent all of their free time trying to beat the video games, whether they were they were on the VAX or the game room, and they never seemed to have a life outside of that.

      I sure hope that the last is the best answer, though.

      Delete