The current (and we'll get this in a bit) is this:
The warsong of Hellscream fills you with strength, increasing total health, healing done and damage dealt by 5%.
Now you can look at this two ways.
- zomg, they nerfed icc? casuals are ruining teh gaem!
- A buff to actually help us down that bastard of a boss (I'm looking at you, Saurfang) we're stuck on ? SWEET!
If you can't tell, I'm more of the mind set of the second option.
The nice thing about about this change, however, is that Blizzard gave you the option of declining the buff if you so choose. You can go on about your business as the hardcore raider and do things the hard way.
Where as currently with the group of wonderful people I raid with, we are more casual. We tend to bring alts or offspec people along to make due with what we've got. And it works for us. Gear for your offspec is obviously not going to be as good as your main spec, but you don't need 5 tanks for a ten man. So this buff will help us out and help progress us through the content.
Do I feel cheap for using the buff? No. I'm glad that Blizzard is giving everyone the opportunity to eventually see the content. I was one of the lucky ones in vanilla to see every raid but one. I was not one of the lucky ones to see all of the raids in BC. But I'm doing my best to make sure I see every raid in Wrath.
And to get back to a mention I made earlier in this post, the buff will eventually change to a 30% increase over time. What does that mean?
- Guilds that may be struggling will be able to progress pretty easily.
- PUG groups will have an easier time bringing under geared members.
- I'm going to have a shit ton of HP! Almost FIFTY NINE THOUSAND hit points. Muahahaha