Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Blogger as Revolutionary

Count de Monet:  It is said that the people are revolting.
King Louis XVI:  You said it! They stink on ice!
--From History of the World Part I


I have a mid-40s Dwarf Paladin over on the Moonrunner (US) server that dates from the pre-Real ID days.  Back then, myself and a few other WoW bloggers created a social guild to connect in-game.  As Real ID and cross server grouping has replaced the need to hook up on the same server, the guild has fallen into disuse.  That said, every couple of weeks I login to Balthan to get in some low level BG action on a Ret Pally.

Well, the other day I logged in and was greeted by the following pop-up:


Now, let's set something straight:  I know that the GM isn't inactive; he's Rades of Orcish Army Knife.

Before you ask, yes, he has an Alliance toon.  And a female Draenei Hunter, no less.  (So much for that Horde bias, right?)

Considering that I know Rades hasn't exactly bolted for greener pastures, I got in touch with him about this little pop-up.  Naturally, he thought it funny that it appeared, and he wanted to see what would happen if I tried to dethrone him.  I wasn't so sure about how this would work out, since I was the only person from the guild to login for the past 4+ months, and if there were a vote, I wasn't sure how that'd work out with nobody else to cast a ballot.  Hell, given the fact that we'd never identified which toon belonged to which blogger, I had no idea who was even still around to assist.

Well, I need not have worried.


And that was how I ousted Rades in a bloodless coup, providing him with endless fodder for blog posts as the exiled GM of Puggers Anonymous.  (Well, it's not really that bad; I kept him on as an officer.  You know the quote: keep your friends close and your enemies closer....)

Hmm, maybe I should create a Fabulor toon on Moonrunner before Rades decides to make one there....
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love how confrontational the popup box is! DETHRONE! Haha. All hail the new overlord of Puggers Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overlord indeed. My first decree was to put which blogger was which in the general comment section; I feel outnumbered by Rades clones....

    ReplyDelete