Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Character Theme Song

Recently, over at Blessing of Kings, Rohan posted what the ideal warrior theme song would be.  While the song picked is pretty good, I prefer music with out words when choosing a theme song.

When I think of my warrior, sure he's there in the front lines taking the blows and controlling the battle, but as a tank, I see him as more of the brooding / calculating pissed off guy.  He's angry, and he's got a plan on how he's going to fix the problem, and you'd best not be in his way.

And for that mental image, I believe the following song captures the overall feeling I get while playing my warrior.

In fact I'll narrate what I see in my head while listening to this.

1-34th second - Camera pans in on the Lich King's platform with my tank proudly out front standing in defiance of the Lich King's power.
Camera fades out briefly
35th second - Camera flashes back into the fight already in progress at the last phase of the LK fight featuring my warrior running the LK around the platform and the rest of the guild successfuly dealing with the spirits and defiles.
1:19 into the song, Arthas drops dead
1:22 into the song, the camera slowly fades in and pans into an extreme close up of a bearded, bloody, wickedly content smile spread across Deftig's face.


3 comments:

  1. Sweet, man.

    I'm going to have to come up with something, although I've got The Offspring's "Keep 'em Separated" running through my head after having gone through the Twin Emperors fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought I was the only one with a theme song for my characters.

    The one for Vosskah, my warrior is a classic, Carmina Burana.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjvqY-U9gV0
    Carmina Burana will always remain for me the mounted knights charging to battle in the movie Excalibur. I don't listen to music while raid leading, but otherwise, it would probably be it.

    For Vinius, my Death Knight, I especially love The Hunter's Prelude, from Bram Stoker's Dracula.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvImYvzHohY
    This one captures the feel of the DK for me. Dark and yet unstoppable. When I first levelled him, he felt slow compared to my charging warrior but the class was so OP that it felt like anything coming in range would die in an instant.

    Nice topic, thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to both of them. Good choices, Voss! Thanks for sharing those!

    ReplyDelete