Thursday, August 14, 2014

Mark Your Calendars

Warlords of Draenor will drop on November 13th, 2014.

Here's the trailer:



All done?  Good.

Given the focus of the cinematic, I think it's pretty plain we're back to a Horde-centric story.  It also feels like, well, a bit like this:



That doesn't mean that all that's old is new again and we're back to the original Warcraft stuff, but it is definitely a throwback in design.

But I just can't get excited for it.

No demons here, move along. Nothing that says "the Alliance will play an integral part of this expac," either.

Welcome to Draenor 2.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder how well-received this trailer will be, as it seems to rely very heavily on people having a strong connection to the old Warcraft franchise. As someone who never played a Blizzard game before WoW, I know who these characters are but feel zero connection to them. At least the Pandaria trailer had a chuckle-worthy moment or two. This just doesn't stir anything in me at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Shin. From an intellectual level I can appreciate it, but from a purely emotional level...

      Ironically enough, the trailer for Cataclysm pushed all of the right emotional buttons, it's just that Blizz didn't deliver on Cata like they could have. This trailer, well, it looks and feels more like a long slog.

      Delete
    2. Good to see orcs killing each other, though. Makes my job easier.

      Delete