Sunday, August 2, 2026

On The Road Again, 2026 Version

By the time you read this, I'll already be on the road up to Indianapolis for Gen Con 2026.

This year, I didn't quite trust my almost 30 year old Honda Accord to make the trip* so I decided to get a rental this time around.

Why a rental? Because my wife is working today, and she kind of needs her car for work. (She doesn't like driving my old Accord, so why make it hard on her?) At least I got a "free upgrade" to a Camry hybrid, so gas won't be much of a factor for the trip.

Still, I'll be here for the day:

From the Indianapolis Star's coverage of Gen Con.


I'll likely provide a report on Tuesday or Wednesday, although work might get in the way of that.

Happy gaming!




*The car has reached the point where I think I'm no longer going to do any major repairs and just keep it running as long as it can before it dies. I could be talked out of that, given how expensive even used cars are right now, but that's my current state. I've also been told numerous times by people that if I were selling the car it would go really quickly as it's in overall great shape for a Fifth Gen Accord, and even for a 4-cylinder car it is really peppy and fun to drive. 

#Blaugust2026

No comments:

Post a Comment