Friday, July 31, 2026

I Didn't Have THIS on my Bingo Card for This Fall

For everybody in the MMO community who is thinking there's a Classic Plus coming soon, I bet the announcement yesterday was a bit of a letdown...


Yes, it was a Gen Con release that World of Warcraft is coming to D&D 5.5 (aka D&D 2024), along with other classic settings: Greyhawk and Dark Sun. Greyhawk is the OG AD&D setting before Forgotten Realms kind of muscled in and took over.* Dark Sun is, well, "Grimdark D&D" in a nutshell.

I'd put the Dark Sun trailer here too, but it's definitely a bit on the gory side. And it's age restricted. So instead, I'll just put the link here to the entire D&D Vision Keynote:


One more thing (tm)... There's also this little announcement at the end of the Keynote...

From Instagram, but really all over and likely
originally from Wizards of the Coast.

Yeah, I think that Gen Con 2026 started off with a bang.




*One could be forgiven if the Dragonlance fans are standing around, saying "Hey, what about us?"

No comments:

Post a Comment