Pages

Monday, July 27, 2026

Meme Monday: Just a Regular Guy Memes

If there's one thing that I prefer out of my SF&F, it's the concept of the "regular guy" going out and doing things. 

Not this Guy, but hey, it works.

Doesn't have to be a world-ending threat, and to be honest I prefer it if it's not. Maybe it's because I've been all "Tolkien-ed" and "Marvel-ed" out about world threats.*

But just being a regular person in a game going from zero to kind of something, I can work with that. And these memes are a celebration of that belief.

This is Plumbing the Death Star Episode 512.
They had me at that title. From Plumbing the Death Star.


At least regular ol' folks in MMOs can
be polite. From EBaum's World.


Sometimes, however, the DM doesn't really
give you what you want. From Pinterest.


And sometimes you just want to plant a garden,
not save the world. From Pinterest.


Well, crap. From Pinterest.


Then again, I guess I found myself. From Reddit.


*Admittedly, most of my D&D and MERP campaigns in my seminal early years had nothing to do with world-ending threats. Even the 20+ year campaign, which was ostensibly about a world-ending threat, never got close to that level because it took us so long to actually, you know, level up our characters.



EtA: Forgot to reattach the "*" at the end when I was adding the memes. Corrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment