Thursday, December 2, 2021

A Follow-up

Um, wow.

I've been very humbled the past week.

People I haven't spoken to in years have reached out to me, checking in, and that's just people I know via Facebook. My gamer friends have outdone my FB friends, and for that I'm extremely grateful.

When I logged in last Friday for the weekly Karazhan run --yes, I felt well enough to handle that-- I got (virtually) jumped by a couple of guildies who gave me a stern talking to about how I need to take care of myself because there are a lot of people who love and care about me. The rest of the Monday raid lead team echoed those sentiments before and after our progression raid*, and random people on the server that I knew colloquially checked in as well.

To all of you who reached out, thank you. Your good wishes and prayers and even tough love are all welcome. I will behave, I promise. (I have continued to lose weight even after having left the hospital, so that's proof that I'm doing something right.)

Again, thank you for everything. I have the best friends. (Even those who lurk.)

Mr. Red agrees.




*Hey, we made it to Tempest Keep and one-shot Void Reaver! We also didn't wipe on trash, which is very much a thing in TK, and we also got some good experience on A'lar.


8 comments:

  1. Good Stuff Red!

    See? There's love all around us man.

    By the way, I restarted my old blog, if you could update the link, it's on Wix now.

    https://wylset.wixsite.com/wandering-altoholic/blog


    Thanks,

    Bill (Wylset)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're improving! What a scare. It sounds like everything can be managed and you'll be okay. Don't expect the raid team to keep their shorts untwisted on your behalf for long though. The beast is what the beast is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. And I am glad that our raid team isn't so insanely insistent on hardcore progression. We are who we are, and that's that.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad to hear you feel well enough to play. Heart failure is some really scary stuff. My wife had it at the start of the pandemic and still isn't fully over it. Find a good doctor and do what they say. Looking forward to seeing you here in a decade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oof. I can understand that situation, given that I'm dealing with the side effects of Metformin ("the runs") and I'm almost totally certain that the other drugs are being flushed through my system too quickly (especially the blood pressure one) to have much of an effect. So yeah, the heart weakness will likely linger on much longer than anticipated, and I truly understand your wife's situation.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you're back in fighting form! TotA

    ReplyDelete