Sunday, January 3, 2021

Bears as Far as the Eye Could See

Well, not really, but there was an impromptu Druid Bear form dance party at the Myzrael-US Stormwind Fountain last night. From what a couple of people had told me, it just kind of happened. A few Bears started dancing around the fountain, and then others showed up until the entire fountain area was crawling with them.

And the one player who tried to join in while shapeshifted into a Firbolg.

Alas that I wasn't there to get a pic*, but I did see some of the pics that my friends took, and it was one of those spontaneous moments of pure fun that make playing an MMO worthwhile.

Kind of like this, when I landed in Ironforge and ran to my usual spot:

There were actually two more at first,
but they began galloping around the area.

It turned out that I knew one of the people there in the reindeer lineup, and she waved at me. I waved back, and we had a chat while the reindeer patrol looked all nice and proper. One thing led to another, and I was invited to go to AQ20 they were putting on as they didn't have enough people to raid Naxx that morning.**

Just one of those things that you simply can't plan on.
 

 

 

*I suppose I could have asked if I could use one of the pics, but I try very hard to keep my blogging relatively unknown. It's not that I talk shit about the people I play with --I don't-- but I don't want my blogging general knowledge either. I know it's a bizarre opinion to have of a blog, since it's a public endeavor, but I've found being such an obscure blogger very freeing in its anonymity. Here's a link to a post back in August 2020 as to my opinions on the matter, but if you just click on the "blogging" label and you can see the numerous times I've mentioned this particular phenomenon.

Nevertheless, there are a few people on Myzrael-US who do know I blog, but I'm very confident in saying that those who do know don't exactly spend a lot of time reading the blog either. (Or at least they've never mentioned any of my blog posts to me.) Which is perfectly fine with me.

**Card was already committed to another AQ20, so I went on Az. I didn't need any of the drops, but I enjoyed the run. Apparently my friend hadn't seen what the Perdition's Blade looked like, so she was asking me where I got that weapon (off Raggy in MC), and how cool it looked (oh yes, it looks awesome).


3 comments:

  1. Or at least they've never mentioned any of my blog posts to me.

    That's not exactly true, as one friend discovered One Final Lesson and read the whole thing, then told me she'd read "Card's story". I was mortified, because I had no idea she'd found that, but oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked to keep my in-game and out-of-game personas fairly well-spaced too, which is why I rarely mention the names of my characters in posts (and blur them i screesnhots) unless they're ones I'm not likely to play again. I do often think about changing that, though, because stories are much more engaging if the characters have proper names rather than "the berserker" or "the necromancer". As for other people's characters, I leave the names in screenshots but I don't tend to mention them in text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to not care so much, until I discovered just how rare Card's name really was in WoW.

      If you search for Az, you get about 20-40 WoW Armory entries, and that's not even counting the WoW Classic variants of the name. There's even a variant on the Myzrael-US server that I've periodically encountered, and have even said "Nice name!" to that toon when we first met.

      But Card? If you search for her name, you'll find one defunct entry in the WoW Armory, and that's it. Everything else points here to PC.

      I suppose it could be worse, but at least I'm not an ass in either the blog or in game. (Like, say, Gevlon.) If I were that sort of player, things would have gotten pretty uncomfortable real fast. As it is, if someone I know in game asks, I'm not gonna hide it, but I'm not shouting it out like some streamers are, either.

      Delete