Wednesday, December 16, 2020

A Proud Day

The Scourge Invasion continues, with tons of (re) dead Scourge in our wake...

Shouldn't we be burning these piles?

And yesterday was the first day of The Feast of Winter Veil, so I got into the holiday spirit in Ironforge:


Take that, Ao!
(Yes, we do know each other in game.)

Another acquaintance decided to continue
the fight while his toon was wearing a fancy dress.


But for me, the highlight of the day was this:

It sure looked better before I took
the screenshot. Now it looks like Card
is hiding her face.

Yes, that is the oldest mini-Red with her first WoW/WoW Classic toon, a baby Hunter.

Her finals are over*, and we obtained a replacement laptop, so here we are.

She was amused that her Night Elf is taller than Card, and made certain to let me know. But she also thought it awesome to actually meet Card in game.

I deliberately laid off a bit so that she could explore on her own. Having played LOTRO for years, she's familiar with more of the Old School MMOs than most people her age, but Classic was even more Old School than that. 

You know, with the lack of pointers telling you where to go for a quest. 

I did suggest Questie, the add-on that takes care of that, but she said she was fine with learning it the old fashioned way. She was really impressed that even though it's a very old game she felt it was so well put together, which even after all these years I remain impressed by with Vanilla/Classic.

So if I'm on a low level toon in some low level place, you'll know what I'm up to.

And boy, if she thinks she'll be anonymous for long, there are some friends of mine in-game who want to meet her...


*Yes, she's a senior at college. Not so mini anymore.

 

EtA: added an extra line for clarification.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet Elune, I remember it seems yesterday you were writing about deciding on Colleges and now she's a senior!

    Trying to find stuff in Classic almost put an end to my WoW career. I was sooooo bad at it. I think that's why my Hunter semi-retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tome, if you need assistance, Questie is the way to go. Seriously.

      But yeah, I remember when she was in 5th Grade when we started this blog. And now...

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I hadn't thought about the (Not-so-)Mini-Reds not having tried Classic before. I hope she enjoys it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far she does! She played for an hour last night, and then mid afternoon she said "I'm going to get on WoW for a bit," and then played for a couple of hours. She asked me some questions about Hunters, and I told her I wasn't the right person to ask. However, I do know about 4-5 people she could ask questions of.... ::wink wink::

      Delete
    2. As for the other two, my son has been into Final Fantasy a lot, and has been playing LOTRO with friends from university. SWTOR has disappointed him in that he feels the leveling process is now "easy mode". I broached the topic of other MMOs, and if he does do another MMO it'll probably be Final Fantasy XIV, where a lot of his friends are already playing.

      The youngest mini-Red hasn't been doing much beyond casual gaming with the Wii U, such as Mario Kart or Smash Bros in a group setting. (Of course, that's pre-pandemic.)

      Delete