Tuesday, September 22, 2020

In Soviet Russia, Tentacles Kill You

Yesterday was one of those days where you kind of wish would keep going on and on.

And then you realize that it did.

Setting aside work for a moment, the evening began with this:

Yeah, and on AV Weekend, no less.

And ended with this:

Yes, Card is in there somewhere.

In between there were a lot of deaths.

A LOT of deaths.

The last one, by one of the Eye Tentacles, came right before C'Thun was weakened for the second time and those still alive were able to DPS it down.

And somewhere about an hour before first pull, I got pulled into a work call that lasted longer than the entire AQ40 raid.

So yeah, that made for an entertaining evening. 

But C'Thun is dead, and we proved we could kill it while trying AQ40 once a week.


8 comments:

  1. Yowzah! What an evening!
    Congrats, Card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It was surreal, having my headset on and turned to work, while I had the raid Discord going through my speakers. I typically don't talk in raid -I suck at push to talk- so that wasn't a big deal.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Always good to get that last boss down.

    Did you kill Viscidius? I actually haven't figured out how to kill him in Retail (solo) with all the freezing and number of hits shenanigans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't done either him or Ouro yet, which is good for me as I still need to farm more Nature Resist gear from Maraudon (and Sunken Temple). However, I did get lucky and got a Nature Resist ring from Scholo of all places.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm still quite aware I'm behind the curve on gear still, but they've not complained about my (lack of) DPS, so I realize they did this more in spite of me than because I helped out. I'm getting there, however.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! You're gonna be right up there with me before you know it!!!

      Delete