I gained a few more streaks of gray in my beard, mainly due to taking my oldest out shopping for Homecoming dresses. (I'm not sure I'm ready for her to go to formal dances just yet, but she is in high school* now...)
And I also gained a few more patches of gray dealing with random BGs, as well. This post is dedicated to those numerous runs, trying to eek out enough Conquest points to get another piece of Grievous gear.
Signs Your Random Battleground Isn't Going to Go Well
- The toon with the highest health is a Rogue.
- You check out the list of toons in the BG and discover you have no healers.
- The other side has a premade and your side is already arguing over strategy.
- Nobody stays back on defense in Alterac Valley.
- Your entire team runs to the mid in Eye of the Storm.
- You're Alliance and you port into Strand of the Ancients. (Nuff said.)
- The BG starts and half of your team is AFK.
- Nobody targets the enemy healers.
- Nobody stays back to defend the Farm/Stables during the initial rush.
- In a 10 or 15 player game, 5 or more of your players are Rogues.
- A player ports in and declares "You all suck but I'm here, so we'll win." (Never tempt people to throw a game just to spite you.)
Oh, and the title quote? That came from an Isle of Conquest game wherein a few of us were talking back and forth about capturing and recapturing the Quarry and Refinery. The Warrior who said that also was bitching about the fact that the Horde was ahead of us in breaking down the gates, and he didn't make the correlation between the Horde having both the Quarry and Refinery and being 30% closer to breaking down the gate...
*For those not familiar with the U.S. educational system, high school or secondary education is Grades 9 through 12, roughly age 14/15 through 18. Attending a college/university is technically optional, but highly encouraged.